Really helpful tips & links
Click on the links below for helpful information
- Review your family’s fire safety plan this summer.
- Have emergency numbers and an escape plan, and make sure every one understands what to do in case of an emergency.
- Make sure you have fire extinguishers at hand before you use barbecues, outdoor grills or fire pits.
- Go over fire safety rules with children if they are old enough to understand.
- Don’t leave matches, candles, fireworks or grill lighters unattended where small children can get to them. It is a good idea to erect barriers to prevent small children from getting too close to barbecues or fire pits.
- If you buy any new upholstery, make sure it has the Upholstered Furniture Action Council (UFAC) hang tag, which ensures it was manufactured to meet the industry’s voluntary fire safety standards.
- Fall is a good time to really look around your property and take care of those maintenance problems which could cause a slip and fall in the winter months.
- Be sure outdoor lighting is adequate.
- Repair porches , steps and walk ways.
- Put summer items away from porches and lawns so that someone won’t trip and fall.
- Have a sand/salt supply ready for the soon to be icy walks and driveways.