Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto Insurance in St. Michael, MN and Surrounding Areas
Minnesota drivers experience an array of driving conditions. From summertime traffic to wintertime conditions with snowy and icy roads, drivers face many challenges when they get behind the wheel. Many of these circumstances are dangerous. At Zachman Insurance, we insure St. Michael, Minnesota drivers and other Minnesotans, giving them needed financial protection for accidents and other damages.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company; you pay a monthly premium, and they provide you with coverage per your policy. It helps provide a layer of financial protection if you have an accident or experience another covered loss (e.g., a tree falls on your car). Without auto insurance, you risk footing an expensive repair bill all on your own. What’s more, you may not be able to register and legally drive your car in Minnesota without the proper insurance.
What Are the Types of Auto Insurance?
You may choose from a variety of coverages.
How Does Auto Insurance Work in Minnesota?
- Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault. There are two main components of liability insurance:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other person’s property.
- Collision insurance may cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident or collision with an object.
- Comprehensive insurance may pay for non accident damage, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrences.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage helps pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. It also provides wage replacement coverage and reimbursement for reasonable expenses if you were to be injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance might help cover damages if someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
The claims process varies by insurer. Depending on your policy, coverage and insurer, if you need to file a claim for the damages for which you’re responsible, your insurer may issue you a check to help cover repairs. Depending on your claim, you may need to pay a deductible before your insurance coverage kicks in. Talk with Zachman Insurance today to learn more about how car insurance works.
Do I Need Auto Insurance in Minnesota?
Most states, including Minnesota, require drivers to carry certain minimum amounts of car insurance. If you’ve financed your vehicle, your lender may require you to carry specific types and amounts of coverage.
Minnesota is a no-fault state, which means all drivers must have PIP coverage to help pay for injuries from a covered car accident, regardless of who is at fault. Minnesota law also requires drivers to carry minimum levels of liability coverage.
Just because you meet the state’s minimums on auto insurance doesn’t mean you have enough protection. The right auto insurance coverage can help protect you against financial loss. Zachman Insurance can find a policy that meets your needs and Minnesota’s legal requirements.
Get the Protection You Need
If you live in St. Michael, Minnesota, or the surrounding communities, Zachman Insurance can help you find the best protection for you and your vehicle. Call us at 763-497-2430 to get a policy for your individual needs.
The Zachman Insurance Agency provides car insurance in St. Michael, Albertville, Otsego, Monticello, Rogers, and Maple Grove, MN. We also serve all other areas in the state.
You may also be interested in…